What to do in Grottammare: activities and entertainment during the holidays.
In countless beach resorts you can spend whole days on the beach and relaxing. Lying on the fine white sand you can refresh yourself with dips in the water with gently sloping seabed. Not go home, you can have lunch in almost all the chalets that, at lunch time, they prepare all the local specialties of the sea or even the simple and refreshing salads.
For lovers of DIY, interspersed with groups of paid sites, there are also free beaches.
Sports and activities
Between the towns of Grottammare and San Benedetto del Tronto there are the main sports facilities.
- sailing courses (also for beginners and children) to the Nautical Club of San Benedetto del Tronto;
- water aerobics at sea with the courses organized by some Chalets in Grottammare;
- Swimming: the sea is at your disposal, but if you want to jump in the pool just contact the municipal structure;
- Tennis, at many fields you will find in Cupramarittima. Grottammare and San Benedetto del Tronto;
- roller skating: on the track of San Benedetto del Tronto, also home to international competitions, surrounded by greenery and close to the waterfront. Possibility to rent roller skates;
- along the coast there is the bike path that connects Grottammare San Benedetto del Tronto-Cupramarittima for kilometers of cycling in complete safety, with the possibility of bike rental at the kiosks;
- Mountain bike: possibility to organize sports outlets in the nearby Piceno hills;
- Jogging: make use of the beautiful waterfront of Groton-San Benedetto and kilometers of beach;
- boules: activities in the beach or in an amateur bowling, in San Benedetto del Tronto;
- trekking and walks in the woods: possibility of day hikes in the Maiella National Park, the bear Marsicano discovery or the Sibillini Mountains to discover the cave of the Sibyl, of Mount Carrier and Lake Pilate where lives, exclusively , a particular shrimp.
The surrounding area of Grottammare
The Riviera is known as an ideal place for vacation, dedicated to the absolute relaxation or physical well-being, not to mention the many possibilities for entertainment available. Include some of the territory offers to start planning your days.
To explore the surroundings without choosing strenuous hikes, we suggest:
- a walk to the historical center of San Benedetto del Tronto, with a visit to the Rock "High Country", an original settlement of the city. From the Tower of Gualtieri you can admire a splendid panorama of the city, the port and the magnificent view of the sea;
- a walk to the historical center of Grottammare, with its narrow streets that climb in the old and historical steep-sided, including ancient churches and picturesque views;
- a morning market hawkers of San Benedetto del Tronto: rich colors, the products of our land flavors and aromas (every Wednesday and Friday);
- an afternoon at the port of San Benedetto del Tronto to watch the fishing boats and touring, awaiting the return of the fishermen while enjoying a drink of wine and fresh fish, close to clam;
igita il testo o l'indirizzo di un sito web oppure traduci un documento.
- an afternoon or evening tour for shopping at the market next to the skating rink in San Benedetto del Tronto, full of craft and art items at an affordable price; • afternoon or evening shopping in the boutiques of San Benedetto del Tronto, with the best brands of clothing, taking advantage of a stop for an ice cream or a drink in the pubs of the course.
The art, culture and gastronomy
To know more about the traditions, art and culture, food and wine of Piceno:
- visits to local wine cellars to discover and taste the famous Pecorino, Passerina or robust Rosso Piceno Superiore, exported and appreciated all over the world;
- visit to Ascoli Piceno, a city with one of the most beautiful squares in Italy where there is the historic Caffè Meletti and the Palace of the Captains. Do not miss the Municipal Art Gallery and the Theatre Ventidius Basso;
- visit to the historic city of Fermo with the beautiful Aquila Theatre, the square with the underground Roman cisterns and the library note;
- roam the Piceno hills, to discover the most beautiful villages: Offida, Monteprandone, Acquaviva, Ripatransone, and many others;
- go shopping in the Fermo, especially for shoes, looking for the best outlets;
- a unique evening full of suggestions at the Arena Sferisterio of Macerata to attend the opera or a concert.
For those who love hiking and day trips during her beach holiday, especially for those coming from abroad, get to some cities like Rome and Naples is easy and fast, with direct links by bus lines.
What and where to eat
Around the waterfront it is full of restaurants and chalets where you will have the chance to taste the best seafood specialties; while the interior has a countless number of farms with typical dishes.
You should not miss to taste the famous fish soup to San Benedetto,
All of this will be accompanied by local wines such as the Rosso Piceno, the red Piceno Superiore, Falerio the hills of Ascoli, the offida white, red offida, pecorino, passerina. To end the meal do not forget the mulled wine that will accompany the sweets and the 'Anisette or Mistrà to drink at the end as a digestive or as a concealer for coffee.